Thursday 24 April 2014

Amazing Make Over! Hair and Make Up*

Hi guys,

Yesterday I had the pleasure of making over my big sister. She was down visiting and badly needed her  hair coloured, so I thought why not just do a before and after hair and make up!

So here's what I did...


As you can see from the before picture she had A LOT of regrowth and wanted to go more blonde.. 


I used RUSK Deep Shine colour to achieve this look I foiled the whole top section of her hair using 2 shades of blonde and bleach, I then flooded her roots with a medium brown. I tried a different foiling technique (always trying new hair things on my sis) and was really pleased with the results.

Here's what I did for her make up..


FACE
- Firstly I moisturised Lauren's face with Nivea so soft moisturiser and primed with ELF mineral infused primer.
- After that I concealed any red area's with collection concealer in light.
- I then mixed MAC studio sculpt and revlon photoready foundation to create a good match for her skin and applied it using an ELF foundation brush. 
- Next I contoured her cheekbones and nose with MUA matte bronzer and applied a MUA blusher.
- Lastly I highlighted the top of the cheekbone and down the nose with the MUA highlight powder.

EYES
- I applied NYX Jumbo pencil in milk all over her eyelid, this acts as an eye primer and helps the colours to pop. 
- I then applied a light pink/purple shade all over her lid, followed by a darker purple on the outer corner and in the crease then blended.
- I then did a cut crease style with black matte shadow from MUA undress me too palette.
- In the corner of the eye I used a light shimmer shade from MUA undress me too palette, I also applied this below the eyebrow and blended.
- I then lined the eyes with a gel eyeliner on the upper lid and lower outer corner and created a flick.
- After this I cut some false lashes in half and applied to the outer corner of her eye. I feel this is a more comfortable way to wear false lashes and also gives a lovely cats eye effect.

LIPS
- I applied Collection 'Vintage Rose' all over the lip.

That's all there was to it!

I hope you enjoyed this blog post, leave me a comment if you want links to any products I used or any more info..

Until next time,
Carly x







No comments:

Post a Comment